Sock It To Me: Oct 26th, Nov 9th, Nov 23rd from 10am-noon
Cuff-down Vanilla Socks
Three 2-hour sessions
Pre-req: Beginner’s Knit or equivalent
Skill Level: Confident Beginner/ Intermediate
Interested in knitting socks, but need some guidance? Let sock master Kim walk you through the process while completing a cuff down, vanilla sock pattern. Vanilla sock patterns are a class of knit patterns that include a basic ribbed cuff and stockinette body, allowing the knitter to focus on the sock construction. Kim will help students make the Very Vanilla Socks (pattern by KBJ Designs) while avoiding common pitfalls and mistakes so they get great socks on their first try!
Skills covered include:
- Project prep and swatching
- Pattern reading
- Cuff-down sock knitting
- Knitting with double-pointed needles
- Casting on in the round
- How to turn a heel
- How to knit a gusset
- Kitchener stitch
- How to avoid holes in the heel and dog ears
- Tips & Tricks for successful socks
What you'll need (all of which can be purchased for 10% off on day of class):
- 437 yards of sock yarn/ fingering weight yarn
- Set of US 1 and US 2 Double Pointed Needles
- 2 stitch markers and a darning needle
This is a THREE session class, please make sure you can attend all three sessions before signing up.
See you there!