Ursa & Ursa Minor; A Sweater for Every Body
Two 3-hour sessions
Pre-req: Beginner’s Knit or equivalent
Skill Level: Confident Beginner/ Intermediate
Jacqueline Cieslak’s Ursa sweater is a fun and attractive knit that is extremely easy to customize to your skill level and personal style preference. Students can decide between short-sleeved or long, wooly or linen, cropped or not and brioche detailing or super-simple stockinette. The designer provides great details like bust shaping and upper arm measurements to guarantee a flattering fit for every figure.
Skills covered include:
- Project prep and swatching
- Pattern reading
- Taking accurate measurements
- Basic pattern modifications for style and fit
- Brioche-knitting and intermediate stitch patterns
- Short rows and darts
- Knitting in the Round/ Top-Down Construction for garments
- Knitting with linen vs. knitting with wool
- Garment finishing and blocking
- Tips & Tricks for successful garments
What you'll need (all of which can be purchased for 10% off on day of class):
- a copy of the Ursa pattern by Jacqueline Cieslak on Ravelry
- 450 - 950 yards of bulky weight yarn (Echoview Fibers Ranger or Quince & Co Kestral preferred), depending on size
- US size 10 - 10.5 circular needles
- stitch markers
- tapestry needle
This is a TWO session class, please make sure you can attend both sessions before signing up.
See you there!